Saturday, January 10, 2015

There's a first for everything...

As I was door knocking in Monrovia, I found my very first Bible study contact. His name is Rolando, and he had just arrived home, so I hurried to get to know him. I show him some DVD's about prophecy and discovering God's character, and this unlocked the spiritual conversation. He then opens up about how he rejected God for most of his life, but about a year or two ago, a coworker talked to him about God. Since then, he has been going to church and reading some of the Bible. Recently, however,  he hasn't been able to go to church. We talk about studying the Bible, church, and what God is all about. Rolando expresses how he wants more in his spiritual life, so, I offer him Bible studies. He signs up for Bible studies and we can't wait to start studying the Bible.

By the way, Rolando only has a New Testament Bible, but he has been really reading and studying about Jesus. He is eager to learn, and I know that truth, God, and His word will speak for itself. Pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment