Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Harvest is Plentiful

As I walk down the sidewalk to the next house, a lady walking her dog on the other side of the street calls out to me. "Hey! Are you with those blue Discover Bible study cards?" I answer in the affirmative and she continues, "My friend was wanting Bible studies and I think she was just talking to your friend Sam. Hold on a minute." She proceeds to chuck her two little yapping dogs into the house.

Upon her return, she continued her questioning to confirm that I was a "normal", Bible-believing Christian and then asked me, "How do you go about getting those studies? I am going through a lot of problems in my family and I need something like this now." She signs up for Bible studies.

A couple times over the next week, I contact her and she continues to postpone because of her busy schedule. Then she sets a time and says, "Thank you so much for your consistency. I really do need this."

We have studied once last week. Please pray that her hectic life will not interfere with her continuing to listen to God's voice.

So many people are needy--longing for the peace that only God's word can give. Will you share it with them? Or will you allow something to prevent you from giving them that blessing?

"Then He said to His disciples, 'The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.'" Matthew 9:37

No comments:

Post a Comment