Saturday, January 17, 2015

She was Waiting

"Many are on the verge of the kingdom, waiting only to be gathered in..." (AA 109). I had always heard this quote, but experiencing it is a whole different story.

As I canvassed in Monrovia, I met Sylvia. She was apprehensive at first, but she eventually warmed up to me. We began talking about spiritual things and she mentioned something very interesting. She said that it was very funny that I had come when I did, because she had been wanting Bible studies. I told that it was funny that she said that because I was giving Bible studies. Notice, I hadn't mentioned Bible studies to her at all. We were only talking about spiritual things and she opened up like that. Afterwards, we have a wonderful conversation about her experience with God and she signs up for personal Bible studies.

To anyone reading this who says that they would never be able to do something like a Bible study. You're absolutely right. You would never be able to do it. However, if Christ truly is your joy, He is sufficient. Remember, many are on the verge..

No comments:

Post a Comment