Saturday, January 24, 2015

Across the Street

One morning, I decided to knock on doors near the church, right across the street actually. I went into a cul-de-sack and not many people were home. On my way out, the door of the first house was not slightly cracked open. This is where I met Daniel.

Daniel and I begin to talk and we relate over things like health and fitness. (I'm working out nowadays). I turn the conversation spiritually and we start sharing our how our walk with God started and where we were now. I shared with him how studying the Bible really helped me when I was searching for Christ. Then he shares with me how he recently hit rock bottom, but he wants to come back to Jesus, and he knew that God has been calling him. Then I ask him how long it had been since he realized it, and he told me that it was for 2 years. 2 years... We continue talking and I start to see that God used someone like myself because we shared some of the same struggles and experiences. For example, we both came from a broken home, we both grew up Christian, and we both knew that we needed Jesus.

We just had our first Bible study, so keep us in your prayers!

Oh, and by the way... God doesn't need someone who has special skills. God doesn't need someone who knows their Bible back and forth. God doesn't need someone who will change the world. Jesus already did that. All God needs is a willing heart for service.

"Christ’s followers have been redeemed for service. Our Lord teaches that the true object of life is ministry. Christ Himself was a worker, and to all His followers He gives the law of service—service to God and to their fellow men. Here Christ has presented to the world a higher conception of life than they had ever known. By living to minister for others, man is brought into connection with Christ. The law of service becomes the connecting link which binds us to God and to our fellow men." Christ's Object Lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment