Saturday, February 21, 2015

Wrestling with His Promises

It's opening night! The first night of 11 has begun, and everyone is excited. I'm also... excited. More than the actual seminars however, I'm excited for my Bible study contacts to come to the meetings. Time ticks by and it's almost 6:30. The seminars/meetings start at 7:00. I am waiting and waiting. 6:45... and I am still waiting. The seminars end and I'm stuck with these mixed feelings. We had about 10+ guests come on our opening night. Praise the Lord! None of my contacts came. The simplest question comes to my mind, and that is why. God must have His hand in this, but what is He trying to teach me. And... why?

I'm going to share a verse that we all are very familiar with

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).

Everything works together for good to them that love God. So when my contacts don't come to the meetings, initially, I have a somewhat doubtful and questioning sentiment. Initially. Because I had always heard that we need to claim God's promises; but what does that mean practically? What does that mean in my life personally?

Well, it kinda means this. God said He would do something, and just because things don't turn out the way you want doesn't mean He isn't doing it. Therefore, keep His word close to you and trust in His promises. It means having faith in what you don't see! God is doing something beyond my/our human eyes. We don't see it, but does that mean it isn't happening? Not only that, but He is constantly bringing us higher. So what does that mean? God is growing our faith. He wants us to trust Him more and more.

Here's my conclusion: how has God been leading you, and where does He want to grow your faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment