Saturday, February 7, 2015

What's Your Schedule Like?

I met Jesus (Spanish name) about two weeks ago. We had scheduled Bible studies on Saturday, but because of circumstance, I didn't follow up with him. Every week I tried to remind myself to follow up. I finally reschedule the Bible studies and we have a day that's not on Saturday. Fast forward to the day and I go to his house. To my surprise, Jesus isn't home, but his cousin Christian is. Yes. I know, they have wonderful and inspiring names. Christian tells me that his cousin just left but that he would be right back. He invites me inside and, naturally, we start to talk. He opens up about his past, how he used to live in a mens home and got really involved with God, the Bible, and evangelism. Since then, however, he's slid back into his old ways. I asked him if he wants to get back up and he told me that he's alright. If he ever wanted to, then he would just do it. I invite him to join our Bible study, but he gives me a skeptical look, as if to say, "Would these really do anything?" So we make more small talk, and then Jesus comes back home.

I start to give the Bible study, but this time it's a little different. I could sense the spiritual battle that was going on inside the room. I have never given the Daniel 2 Bible study with such energy and conviction. I was constantly adding in nuances about returning to God. The deeper we get into the study and I could tell that Christian and Jesus were hooked. They were loving it! Especially Christian...

After I finish the main portion of the study and I go towards the end, I asked them, "Now, after everything we've studied, do you believe you can trust in the Bible?" Christian excitedly responds, "Yes! Now, I do!"

For me, that's a paycheck. For me, this is why I do this work.

After I finish the study, with a new grin on my face, I ask him if he's going to come back next week. And... He's coming again :)

Now, why am I sharing this story. Yes it is beautiful, yes it is inspiring, yes it is great. The reason that I'm sharing this story is because God has such diving timing! Truly, truly... I can say that. God delayed me for 2 weeks so that He could reach another one of His lost children! Two weeks... and all I can do is praise His name.

Now I want to ask you something. Who's schedule are you on? Will you choose to let God make your schedule? Will you let Him? We are so stuck in our ways that it's hard to let go of our own plans. God has something in store for you, will you let Him guide and lead you?

No comments:

Post a Comment