Saturday, February 28, 2015

I Think I Understand a Little More of God

What pain God must feel when people reject Him! And what joy He must feel when people accept Him! I am beginning to understand a little more of God.

When I knock on a door, I offer the residents truth that will lead them to true happiness in a relationship with God. Most people are happy the way they are. Perhaps they are too busy for God. Perhaps they think they know all they need to know about God. But many say, "No." As I think about all those people who don't want to know or learn of the God that I have come to love and serve, my heart fills with sadness. Why can't they see the trap Satan has them in? Why can't they see how cheap everything they are investing their lives in really is? Why can't they just listen to God's voice?

But wait! Haven't I done the same? How many times has Jesus knocked on the door of my heart and I respond, "Not now. I'm happy the way I am. I've grown up going to church; I know what I need to do. I am a good Christian (on the outside)." Jesus stands there sadly as I slam the door in His face. He weeps as He cries out, "Why, oh why can't he understand? I've done everything I can to help him see. Why can't he see the trap he is stuck in? Why can't he see that his happiness is only temporary and really isn't true happiness? Why can't he just listen to me? I want to help him, but I can't. I came to earth to show you what kind of person God really is. I went through awful separation from my Father, experienced the terrible guilt of all humanity, and died alone with no promise of resurrection. I did all this for you. Won't you please listen? I can't force you, but the path you are going is a miserable path. You don't want to experienced what I have and there is no need for you to. I gave everything for you. What more can I do?"

When I stand in front of the attendees of this Bible seminar, I look at the faces of the people. David has made his appeal and I sing the appeal song. Each night I see hearts melt in the presence of the spirit of God. Then after the song, David continues the appeal. I move to the side and look around at the people who are sitting. On some faces I see a struggle. I see one person get up slightly and then sit back down again. I see the same effect on a whole group of about 5-6 people. I see the controversy inside. God is knocking on their heart. I see it on their faces. Will they say yes? Oh please don't say no! The appeal continues. I plead with God for them that Satan will be driven back and that they will make their decision for Him. Time passes and the struggle continues. Then one stands, and another, and another, and another until almost every one of them stands and comes to the front. Joy like nothing else I have ever experienced fills my heart! A smile comes into my face and tears come to my eyes. They chose Jesus and they stood for Him. Joy fills the heart of Jesus and a smile comes over His face. They chose Him.

Will you chose Jesus? I know we hear it all the time--"Jesus gave all for us." But actually think about that. He literally gave up EVERYTHING to be able to give us the ability to choose life. How can you say no to such a generous offer in exchange for death and a miserable existence? How?

I am understanding a little more of God. I am feeling a little more. I am feeling a little taste of the joy He must feel when I choose to follow Him. I am feeling a little taste of the pain and utter anguish He must feel if I chose to turn my back on Him and reject Him.

What do you want to give Jesus? Do you want to give Him joy? Or do you want to give Him pain? The choice is yours, but don't delay.

" Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Revelation 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment