Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Witness of a Child

Nine year old Krystal comes to church because of a school friend whose parents are members here. She is one of 4 little girls that have adopted Donato, Sam, and me as uncles. Not only do they come to Sabbath School and church, but faithfully come to Tuesday and Wednesday night Bible studies. Krystal does not belong to an Adventist family, but she loves coming to Bible study.

This last Tuesday and Wednesday night, I unexpectedly had to teach both studies. I had about an hour on Tuesday to prepare and I was praying about what to share. I finally settled on Jeremiah's prophecy that Israel would go into captivity for 70 years, but that God would not forget them. I then shared how Daniel prayed in Daniel 9 for God to remain faithful to his promise even though Israel had failed their end of the bargain.  Then I went to 2 Chronicles 36 where it says that just how Jeremiah had prophesied according to the word of the Lord, so it happened. I ended in 2 Chronicles 7:14 where God promises that if His people return to Him, humble themselves, and repent, He will hear and forgive. Since Donato has been focusing on prophecy in this Bible study in previous weeks, I wanted to show how there are other prophecies outside Daniel and Revelation and that God is always faithful. Little did I know how applicable this would be.

A lady walked in before the Bible study began that I had never seen before. She sits down and we begin talking. It was kind of ironic that the reason why she was here was because Krystal invited her classmate, this lady's daughter, to the Bible study. She had grown up Adventist, but had kind of, yet not entirely wandered away from the church after her marriage years ago. She has rarely been to church but still faithfully keeps the Sabbath. Her husband frequently asks her questions about why she does certain things and her answer is that it is in the Bible, but she doesn't know where. I offered to help her with finding those answers and she readily agreed. Then she told me that she has a real burden for her older teenage son and wants me to study with him as well. Please pray for us. I will be studying with them this Tuesday.

As I think about this whole situation, I stand in awe at how God orchestrated the whole thing. Krystal, a young girl and not even Adventist herself, invites her friend to come to church. Now the girl's mom wants me to study with her and her family to give them Bible answers to the things she knows but can't support herself. God works in wonderful ways.

PS: She has a family member who is a Dietrich. She is going to find out but it may be that we are distantly related!

No comments:

Post a Comment